Monday, October 20, 2014

Gypsy nomads

After we moved from the home in West Palm Beach
We began to move. It seemed like a string of moving that would never end.

I know that perhaps there are better paying jobs in places where you don't live, so you have to move for the work. Growing up I became used to this moving and we moved quite a bit.

From Florida WPB to other places across the east coast.

St. Louis Missouri I was 6 years old. I was enrolled in the Christian Science School there called Principia.
I remember struggling with the level of the classes as I had not been in their preschool *(I may have been 5)
.
Of course I was the new kid and well did not feel like I fit in that great. I was forced to recite multiplication tables and at that age did not have the tables memorized so it was very hard.

Looking back I wonder if it was advanced level and parents pushing me to become the next astronaut
This was and is an exclusive private school.
 We did not stay in St Louis for that long, I remember moving again, hard to say the order of the places or the locations as I was still young. I do remember it was cold there.

Chicago Illinois Winetka suburb across from lake Michigan.
I remember the old downtown buildings the hot water heaters and the traffic and of course the snow.
We stayed in an apartment downtown for little while and later got a nice house out in Winetka.
The house was a few blocks from Lake Michigan and I caught a fish there that had only one eye. I was told that we can not eat them either.

I was going to another school private... and we had a field trip where we acted as Pilgrims.
I got to churn cow milk into butter and we saw how they lived back then even with mock Indians.
I met a few of the neighborhood kids, as we were running through peoples yards taking shortcuts one of the kids knocked over a statue in someone's yard. Since it was the neighbors and they saw me, I got in trouble for it even though I did not do anything. Welcome to Winetka I guess...

Cool Trains
Trains run everywhere there from downtown to the suburbs and all over the place.
I had a bad train experience, as were were going I went to get a drink out of the soda machine.
The train hit some rough area bumps and the whole machine fell on me.
I was okay and some people were there to grab it off of me, but it was bad that they did not have it strapped down better.

Train vending machine
I had one of these large heavy machines fall on me when I was in front of it, somehow we went over some rough tracks and as I was standing there dazing at the cokes the machine fell over on me. Some guys got it and I was okay just a little shaken up.Would have been better with pepper I mean Dr Pepper...

Museum
Where else can you go to see a whole German submarine in a museum and it has a cut away and you can walk through it and see through the periscope too




No comments:

Post a Comment