Thursday, November 6, 2014

Family cars long drives Mom's Mustang and AMC picture

First the VW bus for the school Three bears kindergarten
There was the time I ripped the windshield wiper off of this one at 5(?)
West Palm beach FL company van for the school







Here is what the AMC sort of looked like




It has a push button shift on the dash. I even got to drive it once with her.This may have been the newer model it is sort of like this and could have been different.

The car held up good we had some long road trips and did allot of travelling with the car.

Another car we had was Mom's Ford Mustang same color it was not the "boss" but a nice car.


I remember taking this one out for a late night ride when in ninth grade with my best friend in 
St Louis Missouri at around 130 am in the morning
The stripes were cool, when we brought it back we had to put gas in it too.

Dad had one of these Chevy Chevelle 's 305 motor automatic transmission
Pretty good cruiser
He used to ride the brakes allot too not good for the linings
Drove this thing all over Tallahassee back in the day (77?)

Family 67 Impala *(less rims and nice paint)

When the car died I got it to tinker on, It sat in the orange grove near our house.
 I was unable to repair it, lack of funds and more, parts were expensive 
I learned how to take the heads off and dis assembly was a lesson. Off to the scrap :(

Okay not to be left out I later ended up with one myself  some 10 years later a 26 window, it was hardly looking this nice but what the heck. No roof racks either.
We rally-ed it coming down a mountain .and survived a fence encounter too
Not very great cab heater but it had a gas heater add on, when it worked kept you nice and toasty.
Somehow this one made it to Michigan from Florida and back ...true story

I had one of these 26 window vans. It was one of the first cars (van) that I owned that ran
I was maybe 16 at the time and learned how to fix it a little, part of the joy of owning an old classic
Check the points, fix the gas heater and dress warm in case

No comments:

Post a Comment