Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Bertschi Pets Somey Precious Champy and Happy

We were spending the summer up on a lake somewhere (I was 10?)

 Of course the family cat has to come everywhere with us as well.

Somey and Precious were Siamese cats. They were good cats and did not destroy too many things, they like to lay around and rest allot as cats do.

I did remember that one time Somey found a fishing lure that summer and dad Hans had to remove the hook from her paw after that she was okay.

Friends for life as they say animals are good companions but also have vet bills and cat pans and every day things cats are generally easier ? hard to say

Champy the Chesapeake bay retriever
I sort of remember going with mom and dad to pick him out he was a puppy at that time, never would have expected him to grow up into a 70 lb dog later (okay I'm guessing here)

He was chocolate brown and had curly hair and always active and wagging his tail. Loved to get a bath and would then give you a good spray after as if to say here's some water for you too.

The Chesapeake's are bred to be water foul dogs and retrieve ducks from the water while your hunting.
They will also retrieve just about anything else that you throw for them and point out any birds that you did not see at times.

They love the water, I mean love it they will sometimes swim in circles acting as if they are picking up a bird but they are actually having fun.

"Champy" was a great family dog we all loved him for the years he gave us and the times that we had with him. After he passed away I was sad and wanted to get another dog, this time I was older and well was time to be the "dog master" more on my own.

Enter "Happy" another Chesapeake bay retriever
He was dead grass color light brown and he truly lived up to his name
Very active and water sport dog would retrieve anything just about
 anything even two by fours. His neck grew strong and wide and was also a good watch dog

No comments:

Post a Comment